My submission for the Your Day in Photographs contest.
My husband and i had actually planned on visiting Nienoord Castle on Saturday, May 17th but cool weather and rain kept us away until Sunday, May 18th...perfect timing!
1) My husband's morning coffee
2) The necklace I wore
3) Hunting for snails in the morning (I photograph snails for my website)
4) Morning sunlight through the window
5) Shipyards near my house
7) Artwork at the roundabout
8) Interesting bridge
9) On the way to Nienoord Castle at Leek, Netherlands
10) Carriage at the museum at Nienoord Castle, Netherlands
11) Closeup of an old compass at Nienoord Castle, Netherlands
12) Nienoord Castle
13) Refreshments at Nienoord Castle
14) Living history - battle reenactments at Nienoord Castle
15) Girl petting a cow at Nienoord Castle
16) We spotted some old army vehicles on the side of the road on our way home. We think they were having a party as they were parked in front of a pub and we heard laughter.
17) Last respects for fallen firefighters.
Last week we saw a large fire in the distance while we were on the train to Utrecht.
Coming home from Leek on Sunday, we came across the spot where the fire was.
Three firefighters had lost their lives.
People were stopping to leave flowers and pay their last respects to the fallen heroes.
18) Sign for the Hunebed
19) Hunebed - ancient burial grounds, about 15 minutes from home, on our way back from Leek
20) Windmill near the Hunebed
21 & 22) We stopped in a small town for a drink on our way home...it was about 15 minutes till closing time, but we had just enough time to get some yummy Belgian fries!
*brushes used are by Seleneheart and IvyPhotography
*EDIT: i won 2nd place with this entry! woohoo!